The longest river in the world
Map: http://www.mbarron.net/Nile/bestmap.jpg
One of the things I have done is to travel the length of the Nile from Cairo to one of its' sources Lake Victoria (Stan's Pond). It took three months by boat, train and hitchhiking and left a deep impression. I worked it out and it cost me about €40 + food. Considering I only had a $100, this was rather good. It was all memorable - on the roof of a train traveling across the Nubian Desert, a day and a night on Lake Nasser and the remarkable boat trip through the Sudd which took 12 days. Not too mention the walk across the Sudanese / Kenyan border for 25 miles followed by a lift by a White Hunter in his convoy (listening to Strauss waltzes going through the Rift Valley in his Rangerover)..........I could go on. Thirty years plus have gone by yet it is still fresh........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I would like to take a second look! China Store
Post a Comment